Saturday, August 27, 2011

To pick up where I left off...

For starters, No more black background. We are travelers, we are do-ers, and we are shakers... I think the world map is more fitting..

SO, I was looking through posts, and I still had braces! I got them off in December of 2009. I was fitted for a retainer. Two weeks later I lost that retainer. (I still have NO idea how he got it)
Apparently (and I didn't KNOW for sure until spring) I had gotten up to go to the bathroom. I took the retainer out and laid it on my nightstand. Booda had gotten it and taken it to the back yard and chewed it up. The bad thing, is that it was winter time, and there was 2 feet of snow on the ground. So, it was a mystery for about three months. Because When I came out of the bathroom, he was next to the door. He must have grabbed that thing and TOOK OFF.

new me with no braces. woo hoo.

At this point, we were living with Ninnie. The lady that owned our house was wanting to sell, and some things had come down at work. So Joe and I had a long discussion about where our lives were going and what we were going to do... I still can't remember HOW Seattle was brought up, but it had to do with a good friend that lived near there. We decided to take a leap of faith, and move.. So Ninnie opened her home to us for about 6 months. We were saving and prepping and getting so excited... April 1st was the big day. We put in our notices, Rented the worst Piece of Crap truck (this was not known until we were on the road) and moved 700 miles away. We sold EVERYTHING to make room since we did not want to make more than one trip, and we even sold our jeep. (so we could ride together and I don't think it would have made it!)
tomorrow, I will tell you about the trip!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So glad you took that chance and moved! Love having you near.