Saturday, December 15, 2007

Santa Crawl-- in less than 3 hours!

i sit here with my cup of "bean" as a good friend put is, and i am waiting for my mate to get off work. we are participating in the annual "Santa crawl" there are 3 rules to crawl by.

1. dress as Santa (or some other "Christmas" character)
2. hit as many bars in downtown reno as you can
3. don't drink and drive

this year, i am going as an elf. i really really wanted to be the gingerbread man from shrek. but, i am a chronological procrastinator, so they were sold out by the time i got around to ordering my costume. a trip down to party city ensured, and alas, they had the elf costumes still available. (i was going to be an elf last year, but it was cold, and my costume was a bit small, my bum hung out of it.) this years costume covers the bum, and i purchased some racy red tights to wear. i shall be "santa's helper" next year, we are going to find great costumes, way earlier than 3 days before the crawl!

well, things are going. i am working on a lot of projects. i have sold everything out of my store, so i must work on stocking that up in the upcoming year. at work, we are going in on a weight loss challenge. more people than i thought were entering. for 20 bucks you get to enter, and whoever gets closer to their "target" weight, well they win the pot. this may give me the drive to get my butt into shape!

as the holidays arrive at a locomotive-barreling-toward-a-stalled-car-on -the-tracks kinda speed, i sit in my cozy home and stay away from all the weirdos that seem to come out of the woodwork this time of year. really, the traffic gets worse, every day the calendar announces "10 more shopping days left before Christmas!!" please, just give me a nice mug o coffee and a fresh piece of paper. shopping? bleah. i shall just make my gifts.

at work, we decided to do a secret Santa. except we put a $10 limit on the gift, and the theme is "make it interesting" hell, i can make a whole lotta stuff for 10bucks. in fact, those were the first words outta my mouth. i was going to get a bunch of cans of jalepenos for one person. Jalepenos and playing cards. the ultimate gift.

well, it seems my break time is over. please feel free to check out my store www.happyhourcards.blogspot.com. yeah, yeah, i know its empty, but please feel free to add that "subscribe to atoms" thingie, and it will let you know when i add more stuff. or, you can just check it out often. i probably will have it stocked up by the end of January.

ta ta for now, and try as i might, i hope we hit at least 11 bars tonight. oh yeah, its for a good cause. 10% of our drunken proceeds go to the food bank. so i am doing good, not just being an drunk tonight...

No comments: