Friday, February 29, 2008

awe shucks!


(the card which started it all!)

OH MY! i MUST share this story with someone!

it seems my card business is getting some attention, which is perfectly fine with me!
At work this week, we have a guy who was retiring. well, since i always chastise people for buying "store bought cards" they told ME i was on card duty. which was great, because i had seen a card in a magazine i wanted to try, but was waiting for the right possible person to give it to... so i attempted the card. It turned out way better that i would have expected. I bring it in, and we decided to have everyone sign it. well, i am making my rounds, and i was having one guy sign in when he says

"man, this is a NICE card. where did you get it?"
"I made it" i replied
"wow! this is top quality. you make cards?"
"yup, its kind of a hobby of mine" (meanwhile im blushing slightly)
he tells me "you should sell these!"
"i do. i have quite a few for sale actually"
and THEN, he replies, "well, i would like to see some of them. i really like your work"

inside i am just JUMPING, LEAPING for joy. friends and family are great, i know that they would never say a bad thing to me, and they do WONDERS for compliments. but a complete stranger was very impresses. so on the way out i am saying in my head YIPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!

so THEN a little while later (after everyone had seen that card) i asked some people in the break room if they would be interested in mothers day cards. i got a few people who said YEAH! bring em in! so, that, completely made my night. i was VERY excited after that! so i must get to making cards! more and more and more and more!!!

No comments: