Saturday, March 01, 2008

What are they taking? Cuz I want some!!

good news. they built a starbucks in Fernley. (the town which i earn my coin) so now, on nightshifts, we can go down at 4:30 am and get coffee. (its that extra boost that gets us through the rest of the night) so Thursday night, 4:15 rolls around, and i say "guess what! its just about 4:30. " so we all pull out cash, get our order wrote down, and off i am to get liquid goodness. I arrive at the local starbucks and not to disappoint, they are all VERY chipper. AT 4:30 AM! So i place my order and just cause i am in one of those moods, i ask "do you drink a lot of coffee in the morning or do you take something?" she just kinda looked at me with a look that said "what?!" i told her i was kidding, received my drinks, and was on my way to deliver liquid goodness to those back at work. when i relayed my question to my partner, Tessa, she said that she had a very odd experience in there a few days before. She had gone in, ordered coffee, and they were very happy. Then, she left and had noticed that a car in the parking lot had a flat tire. so, she went back in, and said to the baristas "hey someone parked outside has a flat tire, is it one of yours?" and one barista chirps, "yeah, its me. i noticed that too. its Ooohkay!" and Tessa was just kinda in shock. "its okay to have a flat tire?" she told me later... "i would have been like oh CRAP! " guess if you drink starbucks, nothing brings you down!

No comments: