Sunday, March 16, 2008

Honey, Load up the Goats. We r going to TOWN!

I apologize for "borrowing" this story. it is not my own. but my friend at work told it to me, and then posted it on HER blog. so i had to take it and share it with you. i laughed SO hard when she told me... just the mental picture you dream up!

"Last Thursday my man and I decided to head into Reno for dinner at the Nugget. We got to the roundabout here in Fernley and noticed a station wagon making it’s way through. This brought about memories of our childhood days and the station wagons our parents used to drive. All the fighting between siblings for the seat in the very back. Making faces at the people driving behind us. Good times.
Anyways, I looked over at this station wagon and noticed mom, dad, and son all were seated in the front while the rest of the kids took up the remaining room behind them. Except these kids happened to be four or five goats, as well as a full grown and very big sheep. We both laughed at the sight of this family. I suppose it would be cheaper than buying a horse trailer, but I don’t imagine the livestock would be house trained or car trained even....which may be the reason they drove with all windows down. So Dan and I rambled on about the possible destinations of this family and wished we had brought our camera along. The station wagon got onto the freeway behind us and soon disappeared as we sped off towards town.

Just thought I’d share this sighting of the redneck horse trailer aka the beloved station wagon. Only in Fernley."

No comments: