Friday, October 17, 2008

oh my!


Remember when we went to cruefest? well i found this picture online. I found it on MR. Sixx's myspace. the venue looks familiar. the security guard in yellow looks familiar. He is wearing the same clothes he wore at our concert. YES, it is the concert we went to! There was a better quality pic on there right after the concert, and i was looking to see if it was ours. so i scanned the front rows, and there is a person there with BIG black sunglasses. THATS ME! i swear!

it happened that right after the concert, I was pretty interested in Sixx AM, (nikki sixx's side project from Motley Crue) and so i wanted to read the book "the heroine diaries". its his diaries from the mid 1980's when he spiraled down into drugs and alcohol. It was a great book. i was cruising online, and i came across his website, which had links to a bunch of other sites. His books site, His myspace, Motley Crue's website.. so just for fun, i went to his myspace to see his pics. Thats when i saw the other version of this one. And it looked familiar. I recognized his clothes. I recognized the towers. I even recognized the security. Then i did some asking around. Turns out, they only travel with backstage security. so the guy standing in that pit, is from the concert we went to! So my boss said, "well do you see yourself?" and i found this picture (but he had altered it to the blue colors) i zoomed into the front 3 rows, and sure enough, there is someone with the sunglasses. I am in the way left of the pic. to the left of the island part of the stage. a few people to the left. i think there were 4 people between me and that stage part. and there was one or two people between me and the gate to the stage.
pretty cool huh? i think i will use this pic in the scrapbook. it WAS NOT taken by me, but by someone backstage. but its really cool!

1 comment:

Nana said...

Wow Robin, what are the odds of finding this pic...must be astronomical!!! I am so glad that you guys got to go and had such an amazing time, and now this pic is out there for the whole world to see...pretty cool!!