Friday, January 16, 2009

good morning!

its another day, and tonight it will be another dollar. Going back to work today... All week long, i have slept in till about 9am. today, woke up at 5 am and cant go back to sleep. So, i am working on some valentines cards.
For a couple of weeks i have been talking about wanting to turn the loft into a "mini library". for Christmas, Joseph gave me the bookcases to make it happen. He also gave up one of his chairs that ninnie gave him. (muscles brought it upstairs by himself) so now, instead of laying on the bed (and falling asleep) i can sit in my chair, enjoy a cup of coffee, and a great book. This week off i have taken advantage of that! (i read 3 books) its very weird how i obtained so many books. Originally, i just wanted to collect dean koontz. so little by little i have been getting one here and there... Well, i saw a posting on craigslist for some free books, and since i LOVE to read, and at the time, had no new books, i went and got them. She had about 40 books, mostly James Patterson. So, i stacked them on a shelf i had over my desk in the spare room. Fast forward a few months, and my parents come to visit. My mom says she has a big box of books for me to read. Turns out, she had brought down a bunch of james patterson as well. so she says "you can add them to your collection" so i guess thats how i started collecting his books.
Then, we went to a book sale, and they had a bunch of J.D Robb books (Nora Roberts' alter ego) and they just happened to be the ones i havent read, so i picked em up. Then my mom says, "you should get all hers too!" So, theres a shelf for good ole J.D Robb. Plus I belong to 2 swap book clubs, and i posted some Ann Rice books i had gotten (in that big ole pile of free books) and swapped em out with Jodi Picoult... alas, another author to collect. :) it feels good, because i havent read all my books, so when i feel like reading (usually when Joseph wants to play gutair) i can pick one from my stacks...

looks cozy doesnt it?


i still need a gutair stand for that gutiar... i have to share my space with the gutairs... but thats okay

booda loves it when i take pics... he tries to get in everyone

I printed out some of my favorite pics and put them on my bookcases, to remind me of fun times, and family i miss...


Also this week, i had some crazy mojo, and made about 75 cards! they just flew outta my crafty little fingers. i will be sad when its time to work again, because i do nothing on work days but sleep, eat dinner and go to work. I hope this mojo stays with me until monday.

a couple of the designs i came up with... kyia took the rest of the cool ones for her thank you cards...

Oh yeah, and ONE of my bookcases is almost done. i just have to spray a coat of glossy topcoat. Joseph said that will dry in 10 minutes though, so i figure i will give it about an hour, then bring em in, and load em up.

No comments: